The basic legal acts that govern business activity of EuRoPol GAZ s.a. are:
- The Act on Energy Law dated April 10,1997 (Dz.U. of 2012, item 1059) - in terms of the license for transmission of gas fuels and the agreement on entrusting the tasks of the transmission system operator;
- Ordinance of the Minister of Economy on detailed rules for tariffs and calculation of settlements in gas fuels trade - referring to preparation of a draft transmission tariff;
- Ordinance of the Minister of Economy on detailed conditions of the gas system functioning - in terms of, inter alia, conditions for rendering the transmission services and quality parameters of gas fuels.
- The Act on the Environment Protection Law dated April 27, 2001 (Dz. U. of 2013, item 1232) - in terms of setting the requirements for environmental protection and waste management;
- The Act on the Technical Inspection dated 21December, 2000 (Dz. U. of 2000, item1321) – in terms of ensuring safety of functioning for technical equipment;
- The Act on Construction Law dated July7, 1994 (Dz. U. of 2013, item 1409).
- Ordinance of the Minister of Economy on technical requirements for gas networks and their location - concerning, among other things, the width of the controlled zones.
Moreover, the economic aspect of the Company’s functioning is subject to provisions of the Community’s law, in particular the Directive 2009/73/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council dated July 13, 2009 concerning common rules for the internal market in natural gas and repealing the Directive 2003/55/EC, Regulation of the European Parliament and of the Council (EC) No. 715/2009 dated July 13, 2009 on conditions for access to the natural gas transmission networks and repealing the Regulation (EC) No. 1775/2005 as well as applicable implementing regulations of the European Commission.
EuRoPol GAZ renders the transmission service basing on the license issued by the President of the Energy Regulatory Authority for the period expiring on December 31, 2025.
Fees for transmission services rendered by EuRoPol GAZ s.a. are determined basing on a tariff approved by the President of the Energy Regulatory Office (URE). The tariff rates are calculated basing on operational costs of the licensed Company including mainly costs of gas transport increased by the amount of so called justified return of capital engaged in the transmission activity. The amount of the calculational base is each time subject to verification by the President of URE within administrative proceedings for tariff approval.